Imagine if I let you know there is a method to some serious money on the internet. Sounds unrealistic? Indeed, With the Amazon affiliate program, you can make money online very easily.
You should simply join Amazon Affiliate Program with the biggest e-commerce company on the planet! With Amazon’s affiliate program, also called Amazon Associates Program, you can monetize your web-based presence and can make a passive income model.
However, it’s not as easy as you think. There’s a bounty you’ll need to do to be a pro in the Amazon affiliate program. Let’s go in-depth and learn more about the Amazon affiliate program and how to signup for the Amazon Associates program.
What is Amazon Affiliate Program?
Like some other affiliate programs, the thought behind the program is basic and simple. Affiliate marketing programs are plans where a web-based merchant pays an affiliate marketer commissions when someone buys any product or inputs their information on the network following the marketer’s affiliate link.
In the Amazon affiliate program, associates are paid when an alluded customer buys an item from the biggest e-commerce store within 24 hours or less. It is a win-win for all interested parties. Venders benefit from the extra deals and visibility, while associates get an extra income.
Returns on The Affiliate Sales
Returns for associates depend on the pay-per-sale models and their performance. It is very important for the associates to update and optimize their site and content to drive more sales. Thus, assuming you’re a seller concerned about the Amazon affiliate program, you can be guaranteed that it works!
For associates, this is a great way to make money online by using the Amazon marketplace. Amazon represents over 40% of every single online purchase, so the retail monster is an ideal choice. Now you just need to master the art of Amazon affiliate marketing.
How to Get Started With Amazon Associates?
In Amazon Associates, Affiliates only get paid when a customer buys a product from Amazon. Here are some important details you need to know;
- Associates redirect the customers to Amazon to the product pages via an affiliate link.
- Redirected customers have to purchase the products from Amazon within 24 hours.
- Associates are paid a percentage for each sale within the 24-hour period.
Note: ssociates are also paid for the products added to the cart within 24 hours and bought before the cart expires.
Your commissions as an amazon associate for every sale will depend upon the items and their category. If you want to see the full detailed chart for Amazon products, categories, and commissions, check the screenshot below.
Why You Should Join Amazon Affiliate Program?
Everyone loves extra and easy money. That is a no-brainer. However, Amazon’s affiliate program is better than most other affiliate networks. Here are a few reasons you should join to become an Amazon Associate.
It’s Very Easy to Join:
All you have to do is sign-up. Amazon could take some time to approve your application. In any case, when you become an Amazon Associate, you can start promoting products and sharing your affiliate links.
Everyone Trusts Amazon:
Amazon is the greatest e-commerce platform on the planet. It is a trusted and notable brand. Your audience will know exactly what you are promoting and where it will redirect them to, so you will get clicks on affiliate links easily, and won’t be reluctant to click that button. Credibility is most important these days over the internet!
You Will Never Worry About The Products:
You will never have to stress about what you can promote. More than 120 million items are being sold on Amazon, so you won’t ever experience difficulty tracking down the right item to promote on your website. There are many other things that you can promote as an Amazon associate other than the products, we will discuss them later.
Get Paid for Everything They Buy:
Remember when I said associates get paid for each item bought by a customer within 24 hours of clicking on the affiliate link? Well, it’s a great deal. How does it work? If a customer clicks on your link for face cream and buys that product, you get a commission. Going well till now, right? Well, You get a commission for each and every other product that a customer buys within 24 hours of clicking your affiliate link. Did they buy a few pairs of batteries? You get a commission for that as well. Perhaps a toothbrush? Believe it or not, you will get paid for that too!
Some Disadvantages of the Amazon Affiliate Program
As there are many advantages of joining the Amazon affiliate program, there are also some disadvantages too.
- Revenues Depend on the Categories: Commission for some items and a few categories can be seriously low. If your blog discusses computer games, for example, I have some awful news for you. Physical copies of video games purchased from affiliate links will get you only 1% of the commission. So read the commissions charts, before starting your affiliate journey.
- You’ll have to wait: As an associate, You can only make a good amount of money if your website has good traffic in the first place. If you already have a good website with a good amount of traffic then it’s a great opportunity for you. But starting everything from the scratch can be so time-taking and would require perfect discipline.
So, after reading the disadvantage who is still willing to start their journey?
Well, everyone can start! If you already have a website and social media profiles with some decent following you can start generating your links and promoting them to your audience.
How to become an Amazon Associate: Step-by-Step Guide
When it comes to Amazon affiliate marketing, we’ve discussed the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let’s take a look at how you can become an Amazon Associate. It’s a straightforward procedure that begins with a visit to the Amazon Associates website. This is what happens after you click the ‘Sign up’ button:
- Fill in your account information. This is simple, and you will need to enter your name, address, and phone number.
2. After you’ve entered your account information, you’ll be directed to a page where you can list the websites or mobile apps where you want to advertise for Amazon. In total, you can enter up to 50 website and mobile app URLs.
3. After you’ve added all of your potential affiliate websites, you’ll need to give some further information about them. You must also fill in the associate store ID (you can write the name of your website) and specify which products you intend to advertise or promote.
4. You must now try to convince Amazon that you can generate sales. Describe how you generate traffic to your websites, how you monetize your online assets, and how you typically build links. You must also inform Amazon of your monthly traffic.
5. Wait for an automated email from Amazon after you’ve entered all of the necessary information. You’ll get a 4-digit PIN to enter in order to verify the information you’ve provided here so far. All that remains is to read the ‘Terms and Conditions‘ and click ‘Finish.’
After submitting your application, you will get a unique Associates ID. Try to note it somewhere because you will need it to verify your account later. It usually takes 1 to 3 days for Amazon to notify you if you’ve been approved for the Amazon affiliate program.
You have 180 days (6 months) after becoming an Amazon associate to make a sale. Your account will be closed if no one purchases a product through your affiliate link for 180 days (6 months).
This is why, before applying to become an Amazon associate, you must have a plan. Don’t worry, even if your account has been closed, you can reapply to join the Amazon affiliate program.
How to Generate Your Amazon Affiliate Links?
Now that you’ve set up your Amazon associates account, it’s time to start earning money. Affiliate product links are the most common way for affiliates to earn money. The ‘Product Linking’ tool is the most commonly used tool for creating affiliate links. This is how you do it:
- Access your associate central account.
- Select ‘Product Links‘ from the ‘Product Linking‘ drop-down menu.
- To find a product on Amazon, use the search bar provided. If you already have a product in mind, you can enter the ASIN directly.
- To generate your affilaite link, click the ‘Get Link‘ button to the right of each relevant result.
- Use your generated affilaite link to promote products on your website or through your social media feed.
- Your can create text-based, image-based, or a combination of the two.
Amazon Affiliate Program Commission
Affiliates can choose from three payment options:
Direct deposit: If you have entered your banking information, you will be able to receive direct deposits. But, you must first earn at least $10, Before Amazon will deposit your money.
Cheque: Amazon will send you a cheque if you provide your mailing address. Cheques have a higher minimum payment. You must earn at least $100, and there is a $15 cheque-processing fee.
Amazon gift card: The minimum amount required to receive gift cards from Amazon is $10. Amazon will send them to your primary email address on your account.
Note: The amount that you will earn through the affiliate program will be deposited or sent to you within 60 days of the calendar month's end.
How to Promote Your Affiliate Links & Earn Money on Amazon
The first step is to ensure that your content or sites comply with Amazon’s specific standards. Because this is a lengthy list, I recommend that you read it thoroughly to ensure that you don’t overlook any important details. Once you’ve ensured that you’re following all of Amazon’s guidelines and principles, it’s time to start optimizing your content.
Find Your Specific Niche
It’s necessary to find a niche in which you feel confident writing or creating content. Once you’ve identified a niche for which you can consistently create content, you’ll need to distinguish products and product categories that correspond to your interests.
If you don’t know about the products of the category that you are promoting, If you decide to pivot your website around the topic, you will burn out and end up creating uninteresting content. Do you enjoy video games? You should write about them. Try to create affiliate links for the products that you love and can write amazing content about them easily.
Consistency is the Key: Keep creating content regularly
To be successful in Amazon affiliate marketing, you must build a large following that returns for more content on a regular basis. Keeping up with demand is the only method of keeping people returning. This is why you must post new content on a regular basis.
Always Do Keyword Research Before Creating Content
Keywords are used by all search engines to provide their users with the most related search results. The first step after deciding your niche is to find your target keywords.
You can check out How to Find Targeted High CPC Keywords article to learn how to find targeted keywords.
If you want to become a Professional Affiliate marketer and boost your income online, check 15 Top Affiliate Marketing Tools That Will Change Your Life.
You should now have a better understanding of how the Amazon Affiliate Program works and how it can benefit you. While the opportunity of earning a good consistent income while working from the comfort of your own home is appealing, it is very important to note that Amazon affiliate marketing is not for the faint of heart.
Your earnings are totally based on the conversions. The more you sell the more your earn, simple.
It is very easy for those who already have a well-known website or a huge social media following. This is a much more difficult task for those who want to start from scratch. However, as with everything else in life, hard work and perseverance can quickly propel you to affiliate success.
If you are a total beginner, must read our Beginners Guide to Affiliate Marketing before starting your affiliate journey.
Got more questions related to Amazon affiliate marketing? Write in the comments below, We will be happy to answer all your questions.